St Isidore Historical Plaza is a revered and cherished cultural center in old Los Alamitos California. The chapel on the grounds is the oldest public building still standing in town and has been preserved by generations of local supporters and docents who hail from all walks of life. Two principle organizations are responsible for the chapel and plaza preservation, the Comite Del Amor, the fundraising and event management arm of the effort, and the Isidorians who provide volunteer services. A prominent feature of the historical chapel which dates back to 1924 are the multiple stained glass windows that flood colored light into the chapel interior. Los Alamitos itself as a farming community dates back to the original Spanish land grant days. The chapel reflects the decidedly mission style of those early California days.